S. Korea to step up quarantine efforts against animal diseases
简介The agriculture ministry said Tuesday it will run a five-month special disinfection period to implem ...
The agriculture ministry said Tuesday it will run a five-month special disinfection period to implement stronger antivirus measures against animal diseases in the winter.
During the campaign, running from October to February, the government will strengthen the monitoring of wild animals and local farms and carry out stronger disinfection and quarantine measures against the highly pathogenic avian influenza, African Swine Fever, and other diseases among animals, according to the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
The number of bird flu cases confirmed among migratory birds rose 14.7 percent on-year to 3,364 cases during the first eight months of the year, the ministry said.
As more birds are to arrive in the coming months, the government will beef up tests of the AI virus at major habitats across the country, and designate 24 high-risk regions and some 700 farms to be subject to stronger disinfection work.
It will mobilize private institutions to extend in-depth, swift inspections to confirm the outbreak of avian influenza in the early stages.
The focus will also be on how to prevent the outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease.
In May, the country confirmed the first FMD case in more than four years and reported at least 10 additional cases at local farms in the following weeks.
The government will extend the vaccination campaign and antibody tests while strengthening quarantine measures in local farms and related facilities.
In response to the ongoing ASF spread, the ministry vowed to continue intensified operations of hunting down wild boars and searching for affected animals, while installing more fences to stop their migration. (Yonhap)
President Yoon Suk Yeol on Tuesday ordered the Cabinet to look into possibilities of a cyberattack o ...
Fifty Fifty made it onto Billboard's year-end list of most popular songs as the first K-pop gir ...
The remake of stage musical "Sister Act" began its Seoul run on Tuesday at D-cube Link Arts Center, ...
- 홍준표 "뜬금없이 김포 편입론, 반짝 특수 노리는 떴다방"
- Pianist Sohn Min
- [From the scene] Jazz music livens up Seoul's streets
- 'Omega X will not give up': Boy band returns to share message of hope
- 선관위, 이준석 유튜브 멤버십 중지 요청…"정치자금법 위반 소지"
- Marking 105th anniversary of independence, Poland highlights growing ties with Gyeonggi Province
- LX Holdings CEO promoted to president
- Hyundai E&C completes design of new hydrogen plant
- Samsung C&T gears for 2023 Smart City Expo World Congress
- LG Uplus Q3 net income down on higher costs
- Seoul International Pride Film Festival kicks off on Nov. 2
- 카타르 국왕, 내년 방한 수락…“중동 107조 운동장 열려”
- SK Pharmteco bets big on cell, gene therapy
- Hyundai Mobis Q3 net jumps 78% on sales growth of key components
- 김웅 "이준석 사면은 내부총질·해당행위…마녀재판 맞았던 것"
- Korean beef prices, poultry shares soar as cattle disease spreads
- Ruling party to appoint innovation committee members
- 여권 ‘TK 지지율’ 비상…오늘 서울 오는 박근혜에 주목
- Sumi Jo awarded Geumgwan Order, highest honor for artists
- Argentinian politician's old tweet mocking BTS angers fans
- SK Innovation joins hands with Fiji for mangrove restoration
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- NiziU wins best pop video at MTV VMAJs
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Professor awarded for building Korean studies in US
- Olympic medalist ‘tricked’ by fiance
- [Photo News] Commemoration for Itaewon tragedy in Gwangju
- Hyundai Motor’s yearly earnings hit record
- Architect Dominique Perrault's 'Lightwalk' displayed at French Embassy in Seoul
- Seventeen 1st K
- SK hynix logs quarterly losses for 4th consecutive quarter