Will Kep1er disband? Project group eyes extension with 'Magic Hour'
简介Halfway through its 2 1/2-year stint, project girl group Kep1er voiced hopes it can keep on going th ...
Halfway through its 2 1/2-year stint, project girl group Kep1er voiced hopes it can keep on going through its new album "Magic Hour."
Formed through Mnet's audition program "Girls Planet 999" in 2021, the nonet officially debuted in January 2022 as a project team set to terminate in July 2024.
The nine-piece girl group on Monday released the album, its fifth EP, five months since putting out "Lovestruck!" in April. Since then, the girls held their first arena tour "Fly-By" in Japan, meeting some 50,000 fans there.
With "Magic Hour," the girls unravel another enchanting love story.
Fronting the album is the title song "Galileo," which embodies the bandmates' hopes that "everyone could fall in love as love is what helps us to see the bright side even when life discourages us," member Kim Chae-hyun said during the band's showcase event held in Seoul on Monday.
The girls divided into units for the first time with the new album. Choi Yu-jin, Xiaoting, Seo Young-eun and Kang Ye-seo teamed up for Latin-infused medium pop "Tropical Light," while Mashiro, Kim Chae-hyun, Kim Da-yeon, Hikaru and Huening Bahiyyih sang groovy old school hip-hop "Tape" together.
Also on the album are two sidetracks "The Door" and "Love On Lock."
With 10 months left before their contracts end, the members have been discussing their continuation with management agencies WakeOne and Swing Entertainment. It's been reported the companies, which co-represent the band, are undergoing negotiations with the members.
Korean Air, South Korea's leading airline, said Wednesday that it has ordered 20 additional Air ...
SK Group Chairman Chey Tae-won discussed economic cooperation with high-ranking government officials ...
Japanese Foreign Minister Yoko Kamikawa thanked South Korean Foreign Minister Park Jin for evacuatin ...
[Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
[New on scene] Hong Xa
[KH Explains] Amazon's cloud industry plans raise fears of Korean market monopoly
SK to hold CEO meeting in Paris
Seoul shares start lower ahead of key rate decision
Foreigners turn net sellers of S. Korean stocks for 15 sessions
- Seoul shares end lower amid conflict in Middle East
- How college students are coping with the impact of inflation
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains; Israel
- 尹대통령 지지율, 1.1%p 내린 38.9% [알앤써치]
- Shinhan to bet big on insurance tech startup
- Cheongju Craft Biennale stresses connection with nature, Jikji legacy
- 김건희 여사, 광주디자인비엔날레 찾아 “문화예술계 육성 의지”
- [Herald Review] Ive gives a sneak peek of new album, kicks off first world tour with Seoul gigs
- Uncertainties remain for Samsung, SK after US eases export controls
- 김건희 여사, 광주디자인비엔날레 찾아 “문화예술계 육성 의지”
- Korea, Japan airport operators hold first post
- Seoul Metropolitan Traditional Orchestra meets electronic beats
- 文정부는 꺼려한 유엔사…참모부 '주도적 역할' 참여 추진
- S. Korean shares close higher ahead of US inflation data
- Seoul hosts ICC seminar highlighting role of Asia
- Dunamu hosts forum on blockchain's potential
- Ruling party reform committee under pressure to disband
- Seoul mayor to consider street festivities for LG Twins' victory
- Business groups condemn labor union immunity bill
- Nara Space successfully launches cube satellite
- Weak won pushes import prices up in October
- LG Twins crowned champions for 1st time since 1994 as S. Korean baseball season ends
- SK On to furlough workers, cut production at US plant
- LG Twins capture 1st Korean Series title in 29 years
- 46 countries, including S. Korea, US, join declaration on 'responsible' AI use
- After robot conductor, National Orchestra of Korea explores virtual reality
- JYP to 'take K
- Red Velvet returns with conceptual, dramatized studio album
- LG companies hint at grand promotions to celebrate Twins' big win
- 9·19 합의 취약점 '대북 감시' 공백, 미국 위성으로 메운다