Baekyangsa's Buddhist cuisine templestay teaches what it means to eat beyond taste
简介JANGSEONG, South Jeolla Province -- The trees surrounding Baekyangsa, a temple in Jangseong County i ...
JANGSEONG, South Jeolla Province -- The trees surrounding Baekyangsa, a temple in Jangseong County in South Jeolla Province, boasted their crimson and yellow leaves on a quiet Friday in November.
Everyone at the temple, however, including the monks, remarked that the weather has been strange this year, lamenting how unfortunate it is that visitors won't be able to see the best of the fall colors.
Nonetheless, for a first-time visitor, the temple, whose origin goes back around 1,400 years ago to 632, the scenery was perfectly beautiful.
The temple, about a four-hour drive from Seoul, offers an escape from high-rise buildings, city pollution, and the noises and stress of our daily lives. This solitude and the opportunity to empty one's mind are probably among the main reasons many people embark on templestays offered at traditional temples around the country.
In a humble vest and pants, participants can meditate, converse over tea and enjoy Buddhist meals for a night or two.
A trilateral summit with Japan and China, which has been on hold since 2019, could take place early ...
Public broadcaster Traffic Broadcasting System, or TBS, appealed to the Seoul Metropolitan Governmen ...
A major accident occurred at approximately 11:10 a.m. on Monday at a construction site in Gyeongju, ...
- Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
- Female Nexon employee berates 'misandrist gesture' in MapleStory video
- Yoon replaces spy agency leadership
- Gangnam teen investigated for assaulting deliveryman with golf club
- Korean Air orders 20 Airbus A321neo aircraft
- 러 매체 “北 위성에 러시아 도움, 근거 없다…포탄 지원설도 마찬가지”
KT SAT to adopt Starlink for enhanced maritime internet
[Herald Interview] Nam Woo
Hyundai Motor to halt Asan factory in Korea for EV factory construction
[KH explains] Hyundai to sell vehicles on Amazon in US sales push
Samsung Biologics sees highest
KIPO chief strengthens IP alliances with Middle Eastern counterparts
- [Our Museums] Explore cinematic treasures at Korean Film Museum
- [Weekender] Waiting on the North: Unified Korean dictionary project's long journey
- Disney+’s ‘Moving’ sweeps BIFF’s Asia Contents Awards & Global OTT Awards
- Human rights commission urges Korea to abolish death penalty
- Hyundai Motor chairman marks 3rd year of record earnings
- 尹대통령 지지율, 1.1%p 내린 38.9% [알앤써치]
- Performing Arts Market to link local artists to world
- Taemin of SHINee to drop new EP 'Guilty' on Oct. 30
- 'We overcame together': NCT127 returns on more solid ground
- N.SSign to resume album promotion without Doha
- [Busan Is Ready] Busan Expo strives to present climate change solutions
- First lady meets with Korean women residing in Japan
- The ruling party vows extraordinary measures to win back people's trust after crushing by
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- Israleli strikes flatten entire neighborhoods as Gaza faces imminent blackout
- [HIT Forum] Innospace champions small satellite renaissance
- [HIT Forum] Sci
- [New on scene] Kim Chang
- LG CNS launches new AI platform for corporate clients
- Russian, Uzbek nationals under investigation after campsite brawl
- Appeals court upholds 40
- 강서구청장 12시 투표율 11.4%…직전 지선보다 2.9%p 낮아
- [Korean History] In 2003's Daegu, disaster plays out underground
- 윤 대통령 “중동 리스크 대응, 민생에 전력 다해야”
- Art Busan's unveils galleries, theme for inaugural fair, Define Seoul
- Science minister welcomes HIT forum on space economy
- 尹 “하마스 무차별 공격 규탄”...척 슈머 등 美 상원 대표단 접견
- HD Hyundai Shipbuilding invests $47m in Estonian fuel cell for green maritime energy
- Pentagon chief stresses US ability to tackle 'crises in multiple theaters'