S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
简介South Korean battery makers' combined research and development investment this year has climbed ...
South Korean battery makers' combined research and development investment this year has climbed over 12 percent on-year despite a slowdown in global demand for electrified vehicles, industry data showed Sunday.
According to latest quarterly reports of LG Energy Solution Ltd., Samsung SDI Co. and SK On Co., their combined R&D investment during the January-September period amounted to 1.78 trillion won ($1.38 billion), up 12.5 percent from 1.58 trillion won for the same period of last year.
Of the three companies, Samsung SDI was the biggest R&D investor, with cumulative expenses up 6.7 percent to 836.4 billion won during the first nine months of 2023.
LG Energy Solution spent 730 billion won on R&D this year, marking a 15.2 percent increase compared to the same period last year. SK On's spending jumped 29.6 percent on-year to 220.7 billion won.
Local battery companies are focusing on strengthening R&D efforts, with a particular emphasis on developing high-capacity, high-safety and long-lasting batteries, as well as enhancing the development of price-competitive lithium iron phosphate and cobalt-free batteries. (Yonhap)
김태효 국가안보실 1차장은 북한의 최전방 감시초소(GP) 복원에 대응해 우리 GP도 복원할 계획이라고 27일 밝혔다.김태효 국가안보실 1차장. 연합뉴스김 차장은 이날 KBS 뉴스라 ...
Hit filmmaker Kim Jee-woon has returned with black comedy “Cobweb,” joining forces with Cannes-winni ...
South Korea's major companies performed far worse than their US counterparts in the first half ...
- TXT shatters records, tops charts with 3rd LP
- [New in Korean] Booker Prize
- Try on traditional Korean costume during Hanbok Culture Week
- Andong, serene destination for immersing in traditions
- Blackpink's Jennie makes solo debut on Official UK Singles Chart
- Gyeongbokgung entrance platform, new signboard unveiled
- [Top Envoy] Russian satellite help not likely priority for North Korea: Chun
- Choo calls for end to protectionism, supply chain recovery during G20 meeting
- [Herald Review] Lim Hyunsik takes fans for a musical dive into ocean
- Korea extends fuel tax cut scheme until year's end
- “가자주민 삶 최악…한국지원 절실”
- Samsung owns largest No. of Israeli subsidiaries among S. Korean conglomerates: report
- 尹지지율 긍정 33%·부정 58%…"명절 기간 물가 등 경제난 체감"
- South Korean oil payments for Iran frozen again over Hamas links
- “北, 무단철거 금강산 골프장서 옥수수 건조”
- Korean economy expected to grow by 2.1% in 2024: Hana Institute
- S Korea, UAE to hold aviation talks over potential increase in bilateral flights
- [Herald Interview] Indonesia's Aladin Bank CEO eyes digital banking partnerships with Korea
- S. Korea has 'no urgency' to cut key lending rate soon: IMF director
- Le Sserafim to release first English single 'Perfect Night'
- PM visits Greece for talks on cooperation, World Expo bid campaign
- BOK wins lawsuit on face of Korea's 100 won coin
- 28th BIFF comes to an end
- Le Sserafim becomes house ambassadors for Louis Vuitton
- LS Cable inks partnership for Vietnam submarine cable market
- Seoul shares end higher on tech gains, Fed comments
- 한 경기도 안 뛰고 병역 면제?…국감 오른 아시안게임 '병특'
- Yoon says improved relations between S. Korea, Japan are people's will
- Igis launches $100m secondary fund for overseas investment