OpenAI CEO's ouster was over "breakdown of communications," not "malfeasance"
简介OpenAI CEO Sam Altman's firing was over a "breakdown in communication between Sam and the board ...
OpenAI CEO Sam Altman's firing was over a "breakdown in communication between Sam and the board," and not "malfeasance or anything related to our financial, business, safety, or security/privacy practices," Chief Operating Officer Brad Lightcap wrote in an internal company memo Saturday morning, viewed by Reuters.
The board of OpenAI, the company behind hit product ChatGPT, on Friday pushed out its high-profile CEO Altman, sending shock waves across the tech industry. The company appointed former chief technology officer Mira Murati as interim CEO.
The firing came as a surprise to Altman, and also blindsided many employees who discovered the abrupt management change from the company's public facing blog, according to an X post from Greg Brockman, the former OpenAI president and co-founder.
Brockman quit shortly after Altman was fired. Another senior researcher, Szymon Sidor, confirmed to Reuters that he had quit as well.
"Team - after yesterday’s announcement, which took us all by surprise, we have had multiple conversations with the board to try to better understand the reasons and process behind their decision. These discussions, and options regarding our path forward, are ongoing this morning," Lightcap wrote in the memo.
"We can say definitively that the board’s decision was not made in response to malfeasance or anything related to our financial, business, safety, or security/privacy practices," he wrote. "This was a breakdown in communication between Sam and the board."
"We still share your concerns about how the process has been handled, are working to resolve the situation," he added in the note. "Our collective responsibility right now is to our teammates, partners, users, customers, and the broader world who shares our vision of broadly beneficial AGI." (Reuters-Yonhap)
A member of New Zealand’s new National Party-led government took her oath in English and then in Kor ...
윤석열 대통령이 6일 서울 용산 대통령실 청사에서 열린 '교권 보호 4법 계기 현장 교원과의 대화'에서 발언하고 있다. 연합뉴스추석 직전 40%대로 올랐던 윤석열 대통령의 지지율 ...
Large South Korean firms' ability to service their debts worsened sharply in the first half of ...
- Global Kimchi Day declared
- IMF calls for restrictive monetary policy for S. Korea 'for considerable time' to tame inflation
- EBS' new nature doc to explore symbiotic relationship between nature and humanity
- PM envisions Busan World Expo's role in sharing 'rise from ashes' experience
- Seventeen’s Dino to release first solo mixtape ‘Wait’ this month
- Biden, Xi's 'blunt' talks yield deals on military, fentanyl
- Negotiating members of Indo
- Team carries out Korea's first successful uterus transplant
- Woman faces prosecution after demanding marriage from V
- LG celebrates 1st baseball championship in 29 years with discounts
- Kakao CEO apologizes for SM stock manipulation allegations
- Park Bom to return with new single ‘I’
- National Museum of the Annals of the Joseon Dynasty to open in Pyeongchang
- AI in your pocket: Samsung Galaxy S to feature real
- [Herald Interview] Singer
- CATL reduces gap with LG Energy Solution
- [Herald Interview] Kiss of Life continues to describe different aspects of freedom through music
- Stalking crimes could lead to up to 5 years in prison custody
- 인요한 "변하든지 죽든지…말 듣지 않으면 매도 들 수 있다"
- [Herald Review] 'Different, but in harmony'
- 야당, 노란봉투·방송3법 강행…여당, 필리버스터 예고
- Jungkook adopts guerilla tactics for 'Golden' promotion
- [From the Scene] 20
- ‘Feminist’ and ‘mama’s boy’ make the least desirable dates in Korea, survey finds
- Hanwha Ocean to raise capital for wind power business
- Han Kang wins prestigious French award for foreign literature
- [Herald Interview] Korean 'changgeuk' meets Peking opera
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Buddhism scholar committed to expanding Korean studies at Yale
- NewJeans to be first K
- ‘험지 출마’ 압박받는 장제원, 4200명 운집 산악회로 세 과시