Culture Ministry offers Suneung takers free exhibitions, discounted performances
简介Candidates who completed this year's college entrance exam in South Korea, known as Suneung, on ...
Candidates who completed this year's college entrance exam in South Korea, known as Suneung, on Thursday, will be given free entry and discounts for special exhibitions and cultural performances, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism announced Friday.
The Seoul Arts Center is offering a half-price discount for the "SAC Saturday Concert" and "SAC Heart Classic Concert with KT," scheduled for Saturday and Nov. 24, respectively. Discounted tickets can be purchased only on-site with the 2024 Suneung test identification slip. The 2024 test slip is for those that sat the exam on Thursday.
The SAC will also offer free video screenings of a play and opera from Nov. 29 through Dec. 8 to interested high schools.
Recordings of the Korean play "The Return" and the opera "The Magic Flute" will be sent to high schools that apply. Applications are accepted at the SAC official website.
The National Museum of Korea's special exhibition, "Tree and Serpent: Early Buddhist Art in India" scheduled to run from Dec. 22 to April 14, will be free for those that present their test slips. The exhibition focuses on Buddhist artworks from South Indian culture.
As for performances, the National Theater of Korea is offering a half-price discount for dance performance "The Scent of Ink," and plays "I Am a Funny Camel" and "Song of King Sejong." "The Scent of Ink" is scheduled on Dec. 14-17, "I Am a Funny Camel" on Dec. 6-10 and "Song of King Sejong" on Dec. 29-31.
Meanwhile, major movie theater chains have also been rolling out promotions for the test takers.
CGV is showcasing nine films, including "The First Slam Dunk," "Suzume," and "The Nun II," at a discounted price of 7,000 won. The event runs until Tuesday, with program lists and theater locations updated at its official website.
Lotte Cinema is offering the "Teen Combo" promotion for students aged 13 to 18, including this year's Suneung takers, until Nov. 30. The promotion covers a movie ticket, popcorn and a beverage for 3,000 won. Megabox movie tickets are at 7,000 won each for Suneung candidates until Dec. 10.
South Korean stocks ended more than 1 percent higher Tuesday, as investors were buoyed by the latest ...
The South Korean military on Thursday said it has detected indications that North Korea has delivere ...
The Seoul Philharmonic Orchestra and piano sensation Lim Yun-chan will take the stage together in Ja ...
- S. Korea keeping close tabs on reported repatriation of N.K. defectors from China: minister
- [HIT Forum] Korea's only astronaut highlights humanity's connection with universe
- Trend forecaster Kim Ran
- Aespa to return with 4th EP ‘Drama’ next month
- 민주당 개표 초반부터 환호성…김태우 캠프엔 적막 가득했다
- Science minister welcomes HIT forum on space economy
- 강서구청장 12시 투표율 11.4%…직전 지선보다 2.9%p 낮아
- 판 커진 구청장 선거…민주당 크게 이겼다
- S. Korea logs current account surplus for 4th month in August
- PM makes official visit to Denmark to promote Expo bid
- [KH Explains] Why Starbucks' new coupon policy is a big deal in Korea
- 한기호 "제주해군기지는 盧의 결실"…여‧야 모두 박수 보냈다
- Hanmi Global to host forum on data center construction
- Samsung Biologics expansion ahead of schedule
- Seoul shares close nearly flat on US rate
- Man nabbed in naked rampage
- 2023 Melon Music Awards to take place Dec. 2
- 'Teenage Mercenary’ leads Korean webtoon sensation in Japan
- Seoul shares open sharply lower on US losses
- 尹 "참모들 앉아있지 말고 현장 가라…나도 민생 더 파고들 것"
- [Today’s K
- 김기현 “지역·계층·세대별 민심 여과없이 대통령에 직접 전달”
- Hyundai, Kia team up with Infineon on EV power chips
- Geonwonneung to open for public viewing in fall
- 이종석, 검수완박법엔 입법취소 의견…공수처법 위헌 입장
- 北 방문 러 외무장관, 김정은과 만났다…"1시간 이상 대화"
- D.O. of EXO to leave SM
- In a first, Le Sserafim collaborates with Overwatch for in
- Japan preparing to bring back some 20 S. Koreans from Israel, along with its own nationals: reports
- Muaz Razaq on being Muslim in South Korea